I applied for a job today. It was a little scary, but I am glad I did it. Although when you haven't worked a job in 9 years there is not much to put on your resume. It is the perfect job for a Mom who has kids in school all day, which means a bunch of people will probably apply, and if nothing comes of it no biggie, but man it would be great if it worked out.
Other things happening at our house....
* I started my "Get Ready for Summer" diet, we will see how that goes. Rob is on board and hopefully we can motivate each other to be good, instead of motivating each other to give into our cravings.
* Valentine's day is Friday, I haven't done anything to get ready. Rob and I were going to go to a really nice dinner but changed our minds about spending all that money. Instead we will make steak and potatoes at home, and if I am feeling nice some lobster and chocolate fondue.
Holiday food is calorie free, right?!?!
* I also need to "help" my kids make Valentine's boxes. Samantha is in the 5th grade and this is the first time we have had to make any, so I guess I should be thankful, but really I was hoping to get out of this.
* Our yard is one acre of mud, I am going crazy!! I mean I am grateful for all this moisture we need it. But can we please have a couple days to dry everything out?? Rob has been told a few times to expect a power washer for his birthday, poor guy.
* In the last couple of months my girls have both received 18' dolls, I think I love them more than they do. I have had so much fun making a blanket and pillows for Samantha's out of extra fabric from her birthday photo booth last year. We have also planned out a doll house, pinned lots of furniture plans, and I bought a pattern to make them some clothes.
I may have a small problem.
* It is Monday and for the life of me I can't seem to get my house clean in one day like I used to. I have been making the kids clean their bathrooms on Saturday so all I have left is my bathroom and moping floors. You would think it would be no problem, but in the 3 months we have lived here it has happened only a handful of times. One of these days I will get it all figured out, I hope.
* I hate when I start a series, get two books in, and then have to wait for the third book. It seems to happen a lot lately. I usually preorder the book so it will be automatically downloaded to my kindle the day it comes out. Last week one of those books was downloaded and I am trying so hard to find a good day to snuggle on the couch and read it. I don't want to start it because I know once I do I won't be able to put it down.
And through all of that I am trying to get a hold on things, do you ever just feel like things are crazy and you are doing your best to just keep your head a float? This seems to be my normal and this week I am trying really hard to be intentional about how I spend my time. Wish me luck!!
Hmm . . . and now I'm curious what book! I was just waiting for the third installment in a series that came out a week or two ago too! And, like you, I have been hesitant to start because then I won't put it down and nothing will get done around here!! ;)ReplyDelete
Nancy it is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Is that the same one?Delete