October 1st, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011

Today we slept in, I could not sleep last night because I was a little bit excited BYU had actually won.  But around 8:30 I climbed out of bed, well actually the girls drug me out of bed so they could watch cartoons.  We have been in St. George since Thursday and have been staying up pretty late, thankfully the girls are also sleeping in.
And yes 8:00 is sleeping in at our house.

We watched the first session of General Conference, but after President Monson announced they would be restoring the Provo Tabernacle, which was destroyed by fire in December, and turning it into a temple I couldn't concentrate.  I was so full of emotion; excitement gratitude, and amazement.  That old building has become very special to us, we were not here when the fire happened, but we drive by it a lot and the sidekicks always ask what it going to happen to it.  Now I love old buildings, I love their history and their architecture, so I was sad when I heard about the fire and I also wanted to know what would happen.  When the Church bought the land surrounding it we started speculating but I didn't think it would actually happen.
My favorite part was the audible gasp from the crowd, and I am sure there was lots of cheering in Provo.

After the morning session of conference we headed to Robert's to gather supplies for our craft projects, I love weekends at my Mom's because I actually accomplish crafts sitting on my to do list.  We grabbed a caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory and then headed back to get started on our projects and watch the afternoon session of conference.

After another wonderful conference session we cleaned up and ate dinner with my Grandma Jones and Uncle Scott.  We played games, watched Despicable Me and made Pumpkin Snickerdoodles all at the same time.
(PS wasn't the biggest fan of the pumpkin snickerdoodles, next time we will make on or the other)

The girls went to bed before 9 and I stayed up with my Mom working on our projects.

As for Rob and Hunter they headed out early to try and find their buck, but returned home unsuccessful and spent the rest of the day listening to conference before heading back out that evening for one last try.  Rob did see one but had some bad luck with his gun and couldn't get a good shot so they returned home empty handed.  I am a little disappointed because I was looking forward to jerky and summer sausage but he has promised me he will get an elk in the next couple of weeks and we can make some with that.

Hello October!!  We can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

You can read more about my new "Today We" project {HERE}.

No comments:

Post a Comment